Dell :: 2010 - How To Install Wireless Driver Again
Jun 3, 2013
I reinstalled my windows7 again, because my laptop was jamming so much. But i cant connect to internet via wireless. I dont have any other options to connect my computer to internet other than using wi fi. I think it says i didnt install the wifi driver. i tried something, but it didnt work. btw i have inspiron 15r bought in the end of 2010
From the Dell Drivers and Downloads page, I downloaded the WiFi Link 5300 driver (R213215.exe) assuming it would enable my WiFi to run. I tried to install it and was met with an error message: "This installation is not supported on this operating system version. The setup application will exit." It will not install and my WiFi is still down.My system is an Alienware m15x with Windows 7 64-bit. I recently re-installed Windows due to a small bug that was hampering Google Chrome. Before I re-installed Windows, the WiFi was working just fine. Any working WiFi driver?
Recently I have bought Dell Inspiron 15R-N5010 DOS based laptop and installed Windows 7 OS from the dealer's shop from where I have bought.
Problem is that I'm not able to access internet via Wireless connection (but with Wired connection can access internet).
url... that install broadcom driver i.e. broadcom_wlan_5603506 but still the problem is not solved(after installing broadcoam driver) and I cannot see wireless network adaptor in Network and Sharing(in Control Panel) only Realtek and Bluetooth PAN adaptor is there.I tried to install :
- R252544 (Dell Wireless WLAN 1520 Half MiniCard) gets following error "No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not be installed."
- R252283 (Intel(R) WiFi Link 6200) gets following error "Software is not compatible with the OS"
- R247430 (Intel (R) WiMAX Link 6250) gets following error "Software is not compatible with the OS".
- Which particular driver is required to be installed in Inspiron 15 R N5010 so that internet can be accessed via wireless connection?
- To install software in Compatible mode does Windows 7 service pack needs to be installed?If yes than which version?
- How can we check that Wireless driver is installed correctly ?
I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 I put a win7 32bit, but I partially solved installing drivers, pt. wireless fail to install ....; mention that software to install drivers I downloaded from Dell's website, depending on the type of laptop and operating system ... Computer Management mentioned that the warning signs for. Bluetooth Peripheral Device and Network Controller ..
Complete reinstall of Dell 610 Latitude, Driver 'Dell Wireless (US) WLAN Network Adapter Card, Rev A04 seems to be the correct one. When the install starts, it never goes beyond 'Setup is searching for installed components.' On the Drivers page it shows that the hardware is installled.
Device Manager, Hardware shows yellow for Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, PCI Modem, PCI Simple Communications Controller, which indicates to me I don't have the drivers yet.
Can't stop it, except via the Windows Task Manager. When I do that I get a dialog box Titled 'Dell Wireless WLAN Installer, An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed.
I earlier had windows 7 in which my laptop's bluetooth was working fine. Then i installed windows 8 release preview and even in that bluetooth was working fine. yesterday i installed windows 8 pro with WMC in it and since then the bluetooth isn't working.
My wifi is working fine.
1. I even checked in the BIOS....internal bluetooth is enabled. 2. I tired to install the driver by downloading it fromURL 3. I even tried to this method
Access device manager
- Click ‘Start’, and then click ‘Control Panel’ - Click ‘Hardware and Sound’ - Click ‘Device Manager’ - ‘User Account Control’ dialog box appears. - Click ‘Continue’ - Device Manager Page opens up. - Locate a category called ‘Bluetooth Radios’ - If not found, locate ‘Network Adapter’ - Also observe if it has a yellow mark besides any of the device listed - Browse through the whole list to check for any other item listed with a yellow mark - Capture the item with the yellow mark
4. I even tried this method
- Click the following link to download the most updated driver for the Bluetooth: [URL] - Save the folder (zipped folder) on the 'Desktop screen' - Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R241623.exe - The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:DELLDRIVERS - Click Ok - After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it - Open the following path: C:dellDrivers31N70Win64 (Follow steps mentioned below) - Click 'Computer' and drive letter 'C' - Locate folder 'dell' and double click it - Locate folder 'Drivers' and double click it - Locate folder '31N70' - Locate folder 'Win64' and double click it - Locate file Inst (Refer to the image below) - Right click file 'Inst'- Click 'Run as an administrator' - Click 'Yes' to continue if prompted with 'User access control' message - Follow through with the installation as per the screen instructions - Finish the installation and check for the Bluetooth functionality - If issue persists, try using the 'setup' file to install drivers in compatibility mode (Next Step)
Install 'Setup.exe' file in 'compatibility Mode'
- Navigate to C:dellDrivers31N70Win64 - Right click ‘Setup’ file and click ‘Properties’ - Click “Install in compatibility mode’ - Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’ - Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’ - Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows - Click on ‘Windows 7’ - Click on ‘Start the Program’ - Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes - Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next
When I attempt to install R226750. It gets to a point where it tells me to activate bluetooth with the wireless switch. My wireless is always on but even when I toggled it on and off, it did not make a difference.
I also installed the DELL Radio switch patch for turning on my bluetooth and that has not worked. why my machine cannot turn on the bluetooth?
Just FYI - I am trying to install a mouse and printer which I am able to see on other bluetooth devices.
Trying to update Bluetooth driver on an E6410, Win 7x64, Dell Wireless 375.Driver package runs and gets almost to the end before a "1935" error dialog box pops up and the whole package rolls back.Something to do with MS VC policy 8.
This afternoon, I plugged in a Belkin bluetooth adapter F8TO16 and paired it with a pair of 7dayshop headphones. Instead of leaving well alone with an old driver, I decided to update the Belkin driver - which went well. However, the Dell 365 Module then reported an error and trouble shooting informed me that it now had a driver error. Windows searched for and found a driver, but could not install it.. I've since downloaded and installed new Dell drivers for it but I still get the same result - can't install driver. (The module was working fine before I up-dated the Belkin driver.)
I figure I now have to un-install the Module and then install an up-dated version. Is this the right way to go and if it is, how do I go about it? I'm using Win7 64 bit on an Inspiron 1750.
No Network connection after Office 2010 install, I have limmited or no connectivity. I've removed and reloaded drivers, reset router, performed a netsh flush, tried to manually connect, kicked it, threw something at the wall and still no luck.
I am trying to install the Ae1200 on my notebook (windowsXP), which doesn't have a cd drive. I downloaded the driver from cisco page, and also copied setup disc from a 2nd comp onto a usb drive. Using both options, the wizards starts correctly, but then ends with error message saying "cannot find specified file"
I cannot install driver for Nokia Siemens Network c2110. when try it show error message then followed by another message showing" required administrative right....." where as this connetion works on laptop and that same file installed into another computer.
This printer is connected to our schools network...in the lab I'm in, we have different subnet and my tech computer and the lab pcs gets dhcp from router connected to same new network switch as printer. I can ping the printer and pull up menu in browser but cannot print.
today my Belkin 7050 wifi adapter arrived.I went through the install procedure from the cd,and when asked to plug in the adapter,I got the message asking for a notebook card,which I haven't got.It then told me that the drivers aren't installed.The device isn't showing in device manager.I called Belkin support but all the could suggest was that the device was to try it in another computer.I am unable to do this because the communal computer needs administrator rights to install programs etc.
I'm running into the same problem. I'm trying to connect my 6100 Westell Modem as well, but I'm going through Cincinnati Bell Zoomtown. They sent me a disk & it does't have the right software on it. I was told to look online & have had no luck finding where to download. I have to use USB to connect. I'm at a loss at what to do. Have spent almost 3 hours on the phone with tech support at this point!
I recently received the blue screen and had to do a clean install of Windows XP on my Dell Vostro 1520. I then proceeded to install the Dell drivers and downloads in the order according to Dell's website. But the wireless driver continually gave me a Setup.rul 380 error, so I did a manual install of that. Unfortunately something is still incorrect. The internet connects, but the wireless icon at the bottom has a pop that says "Adapter Problem. Driver is not installed." I don't know a lot about computers and I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but I can't figure this one out.