Feb 24, 2013
I have a Time Warner Cable business class service with no static IP, with a wireless modem which is plugged to a CAT5 distribution panel. On the jacks (2 other rooms on the house) I have a Linksys E3000 and a Linksys Valet router for signal boost and gadgets usage (TV, cameras, etc).The main router (TWC) has it's own external IP which TWC assigns to me and internally distributes via DHCP the range 192.168.0.x. With that said:
View 5 Replies
- The E3000 has a 192.168.0.6 IP -- this is fixed setup on the TWC router (ubee brand) by MAC address
- The Valet has a 192.168.0.7 IP -- this is fixed setup on the TWC router (ubee brand) by MAC address
- The main router has the 192.168.0.1 as the gateway and web-interface
Whenever I connect something to the E3000, it is distributing the 192.168.1.x range and the valet 192.168.2.x range.That works perfectly for my home based business until I decided to use more stuff on the network such as a IP printer, IP cameras, etc.
- The IP cameras are connected to the E3000 due to signal strength and I have manually assigned them the 192.168.1.15 and 192.168.1.16 IPs and ports 9001 and 9002.
- The printer is connected to the E3000 and I have manually assigned the IP 192.168.1.30.
Issue 1: Port forwarding On the main router (TWC - UBEE) I have tried to setup a port forwarding by informing the Local IP as 192.168.0.6 (E3000 IP), Internal Port 0, Public Interface IP (0.0.0.0), Ext Start Port 9001, Ext End Port 9001, Protocol - Both, Enabled Yes. On the E3000 I did the same config (screen shot attached e3000.png).This is not working properly. I can't get into the camera.
Issue 2: Printer/ The printer is only accessible if I connect to the E3000 (because it is on the 192.168.1.x network)
Issue 3: How to configure all the devices on the same subnet? If I want everyone to be on the 192.168.0.x network, how to configure properly the E3000 and the Valet? I have tried to force them into the same network but it would not work properly. It would not get an IP from the UBEE router (main).